TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Service is provided by TiCL Media Limited (“We” or “TiCL”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07751469 and our registered office is at Sussex Innovation Croydon, No 1 Croydon, 12-16 Addiscombe Road, Croydon, CR0 0XT United Kingdom. . Our VAT number is 120402679
If you need assistance or have any queries, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can use the Service
You may only use the Service if you are aged 18 or over.
Access to the Service
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, we offer the Service for your own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
We will do our utmost to ensure that the Service is available and not interrupted. However we cannot guarantee that the Service will always be available or error-free. Please note that the Service may be unavailable due to maintenance, technical issues or matters beyond our control.
We may withdraw, suspend or amend the Service (or any part of it) without notice at any time or withdraw the Service (or any part of it) indefinitely. We may also restrict access to some or all of Service at any time for any reason. If you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, or we reasonably believe you to be in breach, we may take any of the actions set out in Breach of these Terms and Conditions below.
You will need to register with us in order to use the Service. We may from time to time provide limited content and features to unregistered users on our Website. You may also need to register to take advantage of any competitions, promotions, offers or any features we may offer from time to time.
You must provide certain details in order to register, such as a username, password and email address. In order to complete your registration you will need to activate the link we send to you by email. Once you have registered, you will be permitted to use the restricted areas of the Website and the Service. You must:
a) keep your user name and password strictly confidential and not disclose it to any third party;
b) keep your email address and other registration details up to date and notify us promptly of any changes. We will use your email address to contact you about the Services. If you wish to open more than one account with us, you may do so provided that you provide a separate email address for each registration;
c) not do anything to assist any person who is not a registered user to use the restricted parts of the Services. Please also ensure that you log off when you have finished using the Services in order to prevent any unauthorised access;
d) not create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Website or Services or other users; and
e) not pass yourself off as another user;
f) comply at all times with these Terms and Conditions.
We have the right to disable any registered account at any time if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and/or if we believe that you are under 18 years of age.
In these Terms and Conditions “Content” means all information (including location information), comments, contributions, data, text, photographs, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible by us on or through the Service. Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the Service by users is referred to in these Terms and Conditions as, "Your Content."
All Content is the sole responsibility of the person who provided such Content. We cannot guarantee the authenticity of any Content which users may provide. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible and liable for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom.
By submitting Your Content to the Service, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive licence to use Your Content. Although you will still own the copyright in your Content, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in Your Content. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-license. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in Your Content in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with our TiCL Rules and User Guidelines you must ensure that Your Content does not infringe any copyright, database right, right or privacy or publicity or trade mark of any other person. By submitting Your Content to the Service, you are warranting that you have the right to grant us the non-exclusive licence described above. If you are not in a position to grant such any such licence you must not submit Your Content to the Service.
Your Content will be considered non-confidential.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of Your Content.
We have the right to remove Your Content (or any of it) if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the TiCL Rules, User Guidelines or any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Please note that we do not monitor the Service but the Service includes functionality allowing users to report Content which they believe to be in breach of the TiCL Rules, User Guidelines or any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions. We will take such action as we deem fit on receiving any such report. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that Your Content constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We also have the right to move your Content to other parts of our Service if we believe it more appropriate for that Content to be posted in another part of our Service. For example, if you post Content concerning a particular business on a page dedicated to a certain geographical area and the business is not situated in that area, we may move your Content to a page dedicated to the geographical area where the business is situated, or we may remove it if there is no page for that geographical area.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and the Service, and in the Content published on or available through it. Those works are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Unless we say otherwise, you may access and use the Service, the Website and the Content solely for your personal use. You may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt or in any way exploit the Content or any other part of the Service. You may not publish, display, or commercially exploit any Content or other materials from us or other owners of intellectual property displayed on the Website or the Service unless you request and receive prior written permission from us or other owners of the intellectual property. If we or any other owners of the intellectual property grant permission, you may not change or delete any author credit, trade mark legend or copyright notice. You must follow and observe all additional copyright notices or other restrictions contained on the Website or the Service.
If you are in breach of any of these provisions, your right to use the Service will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the Content you have made.
The Service may include (without limitation) the provision by us of software applications (“Apps”) for download from our Website or from third party application stores authorised by us such as Google Apps Marketplace or the Apple App Store (“Third Party Stores”). Please note that any use of Third Party Stores to download any Apps will be subject to the terms and conditions of use of such Third Party Stores.
You may use any App for the purposes only of accessing and using the Service on your mobile or other device. You may not separate any individual component of the App for use on another device or computer, or transfer it for use on another device or computer or use it, or any portion of it, over a network, and may not sell, rent, lease, lend, distribute, or sublicense or otherwise assign any rights to the App in whole or in part.
We may from time to time make available updates or upgrades to the App. Upgrades and updates will not be automatic unless you expressly agree.
You may not:
a) modify, reverse engineer, or disassemble the App or any software incorporated within it whether in whole or in part;
b) save as permitted by law, decompile the App in whole or in part; or
c) create any derivative works from or of the App; or
d) bypass, modify, defeat, or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the App or any mechanisms operatively linked to the App.
You must at all times use the Website and the Services in a responsible and legal manner. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. We will decide in our ultimate discretion whether you have breached these TiCL Rules.
You must not use the Website or the Services:
- to collect or contribute money for any purpose;
- for the purposes of gaming, gambling, betting or lotteries;
- to sell or otherwise transfer TiCL Items
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to conduct, display or forward raffles, surveys, lotteries, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our standards relating to Your Content, set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or Services, the server on which the Website or Services are stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website or Services. You must not attack the Website or Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack;
Your Content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- promote or contain any sexually explicit material.
- promote violence or any illegal activity;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark, right of privacy or publicity or other intellectual property right of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, email address or any other personal data in respect of any person;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, bullying, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain any advertising or promote any services in any manner which would breach any applicable advertising, marketing or consumer law or regulation;
- give the impression that it has been posted by a consumer when it has been posted by an individual on behalf of, and for the purposes of promoting or advertising, a business;
- contain any statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to who, the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism or other criminal activity;
- breach any of the User Guidelines
If in breaching any of these provisions, you commit or we have reasonable cause to believe you have committed, a criminal offence, in addition to our other rights set out in these Terms and Conditions, we may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
From time to time as part of the Service we may award you, or offer you the opportunity to purchase or earn, TiCL Tokens or other virtual items (“TiCL Items”). TiCL Items may be used by you to access and use certain enhanced features of the Service as we may specify from time to time. TiCL Items can only be issued or sold by us.
TiCL Items are neither property nor currency. They are not redeemable and have no monetary or other value. If you buy or otherwise receive a TiCL Item, you do not own that TiCL Item and you have no property interest in that TiCL Item. By purchasing or otherwise receiving any TiCL Item from us, we are granting you a personal, non-transferable, revocable licence to use the TiCL Item within the Service only for the purposes we specify and for no other reason. Any TiCL Item balance shown in your Account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but instead constitutes a measurement of the extent of your licence granted under these Terms and Conditions.
TiCL Items are not Your Content. All intellectual property rights in TiCL Items, including rights in the name of the TiCL Item, logo, design and icon, belong to us and shall remain vested in us.
You must not sell or transfer TiCL Items to anyone, whether within the Service or outside. TiCL Items may only be used for the registration and account for which they have been awarded or purchased. Please note that if you have more than one account, you cannot transfer them between your accounts.
Purchases of TiCL Items are final and non-refundable. We may change the purchase price for TiCL Items at any time.
TiCL Items may be withdrawn, suspended or terminated at any time for any reason. We may change the way in which you can use TiCL Items and may cease issuing or accepting TiCL Items at any time. TiCL Items may be issued with an expiry date. Please note, in particular, that you may lose the right to use TiCL Items if we cease to provide the Service or any part of the Service which is relevant to the TiCL Item, if we delete or suspend your Content, if you stop using the Service for a period of time in excess of 12 months, if we terminate or suspend your right to use the Service or if you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions. We have no liability to you arising out of your use or your inability to use any TiCL Items, whether or not such TiCL Items have been purchased by you from us.
TiCL Items are currently only available to purchase via the App. All purchases are made through the Apple In-app purchasing system or the Android In-app billing system (as the case may be) depending on your mobile device. Payment made by these methods is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by Apple Inc, and Google respectively. Please read them carefully before purchasing any TiCL Items.
The price of the TiCL Items will be as quoted on the Service from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. All prices include VAT. If a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have been reasonably recognised by you as an error, we do not have to provide the TiCL Item at the incorrect (lower) price.
Please note that acceptance of payment may be dependent on the card issuer who may require security information to be entered or validation checks to be carried out as part of their secure payment system.
Please note that all purchases of TiCL Items are strictly non-refundable. Please ensure that you have enabled any security or parental controls on your mobile device to prevent inadvertent or accidental purchases of TiCL Items. Also ensure that you log off after every session in order to prevent unauthorised access to the Service or unauthorised or accidental purchases of TiCL Items.
Information about you
TiCL, ticl.me, ticl.com, ticl.co.uk, ticl.net, ticl.it and any associated domain names and the TiCL logo are unregistered trademarks of TiCL Media Limited which are protected by national and international laws. All rights are reserved. Unauthorised use or reproduction is prohibited. All other third party trademarks belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved. Unauthorised use or reproduction is prohibited.
Linking to our Website
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our Website must not be framed on any other website. We may withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must not contain any material which is not permitted on the Service.
Links from the Website or the Service
Where our Website or any part of the Service (including any Content) contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the content, advertising, products or other materials made available through any other site and we have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other Content posted on our Website or via the Service are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We have no liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website or any user of our Service, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Website and the Service changes regularly
We aim to update our Website and the Service regularly, and may change the Content at any time. However, we do not have any duty to update or correct any materials. While we have attempted in good faith to ensure that the information presented here is accurate, there may be technical and factual inaccuracies or errors and you should note that any of the Content on our Website or available through the Service may be out of date at any given time
If you fail to comply with or breach our Terms and Conditions (or we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached our Terms and Conditions) we may take all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website and/or the Service or any part of it (including any App or any TiCL Items).
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Content you have contributed or uploaded to the Service;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or third parties as we reasonably feel is necessary.
These actions are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate
To the extent permitted by law, our Website, the Service and the Content displayed on or available through our Website or the Service is provided on an “as-is” basis without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy or completeness.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for:
- any conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer or mobile equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website, Service or Content or to your downloading of any Content posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- your use of third party websites linked from the Service.
- any failures, interruptions, delays or other matters of a similar nature arising out of circumstances beyond our reasonable control;
- any loss of profit or revenue, loss of data, loss of opportunity, loss of or damage to reputation, wasted management time, third party loss or any indirect losses or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website, Service or Content or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, Service or Content whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
We do not limit or exclude our liability in any way for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our Website or Service, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices to our Website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to us at our address or email address given at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when registering with us or by posting changes on our Website. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our Website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or 3 days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control, including adverse weather, strikes or other industrial action, riot or civil commotion.
Any failure by us to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under these terms and conditions or any contract with us, or any failure by us to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled, is not a waiver by us of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. Any waiver must be agreed by us in writing.
We intend to rely upon these Terms and Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any contract between us.
Changing these terms and conditions
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 is expressly excluded from these terms and conditions.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
TiCL Media Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is TiCL Media Limited (company number 07751469) of Sussex Innovation Croydon, No 1 Croydon, 12-16 Addiscombe Road, Croydon, CR0 0XT United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following data about you:
· your name, username, email address and password and any other details provided by you (if any) when you register with us.
· any photograph or other Content you upload, contribute or otherwise share on the Service;
· any photograph or other Content uploaded, contributed or otherwise shared by any other user of the Service;
· if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
· all details provided by you if you complete any surveys that we use for research purposes;
· any information you provide when you report a problem with the Service or report any unacceptable Content on the Service;
· precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. The nature of the Service means that in order to contribute Your Content to the Service, we will need to know the exact location of your computer or mobile device from which you are making your contribution;
· information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration (and to report aggregate information to our advertisers, if you have agreed to this). This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Your IP address which is a number assigned to your computer automatically when you use the internet. ;
· details of your visits to and use of the Service including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, the resources that you access and the pages that you visit.
The unrestricted areas of the Website are publicly available and can be accessed by everyone on the Internet. They can be indexed by third party search engines and imported, exported, distributed, and redistributed by us and others without privacy limitations. Such information may be associated with you, including your username and any of Your Content (including photographs and other contributions), even outside the Service, such as on public search engines and when you visit other sites on the internet.
The majority of the Service is restricted and can only be accessed by registered users. Such restricted areas are not indexed by third party search engines. However you should note that we may export, distribute, redistribute or otherwise make available any of Your Content outside the Service, in which case it will be publicly available and can be accessed by everyone on the Internet and may be indexed by third party search engines.
If you provide or share Content via the Service, you must ensure that Your Content does not disclose any personal information about yourself or any other person (in particular, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or any personal details). If Your Content includes photographs you must have the consent of any persons featured in the photographs. We may remove any content or information which you provide which we feel does not comply with these provisions. You must comply with the User Guidelines and the TiCL Rules (and the other Terms and Conditions) when providing or sharing Content via the Service.
Your Content is normally removed from the Service after 24 hours. We retain copies of the all Content (including Your Content) for such time as we consider reasonable and may, in future, make such Content (including Your Content) available on the Service or otherwise in any way we see fit.
We may obtain information about you by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Service to operate.
We use the following cookies on the Website:
· A cookie which enables the Website to remember your log in details, if you tick the box “Remember Me” when logging in. This is optional and you are not required to tick this box. You should not enable the “Remember Me” function if you are accessing the Website from a computer or other device which is not used exclusively by you.
to collect information about how users use our Website. If we do so, we use the information to
compile reports and to help us improve the Website. The cookies collect information in an
anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors
have come to the Website from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google
Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 28 days.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or mobile networks is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· to ensure that Content and the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or access device.
· to provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so. In particular, precise geo-location data is required in order to include Your Content on the Service
· to notify you about changes to our service.
· to disclose to our advertisers who may use it to provide you with information and services which you request from them or which they feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to such disclosure.
If you are a registered user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous negotiation or sale to you.
If you are an unregistered user, or where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or change your preferences in the “Managing Your Account” area of the Service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, service users in SW15). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If TiCL Media Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its Service and Website users will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TiCL Media Limited, our customers, or users of the Service or Website or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at TiCL Media Limited (email@example.com) or by changing your preferences in the “Managing Your Account” area of the Service.
The Service and/or Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites and services, including those of any of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites and services, please note that these websites and services have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
TiCL is about communicating with other TiCL users near you right now. It is a fun and fast way of sharing with people what’s going on around you (and them!). The best way to use TiCL is when you are trying to communicate about something that relates specifically to where you are – if it’s not specific to where you are now, perhaps you would be better communicating some other way.
We want you to have a great time on TiCL and it is important to us that the TiCL community is a friendly and responsible place. So with that in mind, here are some guidelines and helpful tips when using TiCL.
1. Everything you post on TiCL can be seen and commented upon by other registered users. Also, the most popular contributions will appear on our home page and are available to everyone, even if they are not registered. So, if you don’t want everyone to see what you have posted, please don’t post!
2. Please try and keep your posts specific to where you are. If you post something which is not specific to your location we may remove it or move it to another part of TiCL. We’re not trying to make things difficult, but TiCL works best when it shows nearby TiCL users what is going on locally where they are. We don’t want them to be disappointed!
3. We have binding TiCL Rules which are part of our Terms and Conditions. You must comply with all of these when using the Service. Please read these carefully before you post. In particular, when using TiCL, please:
a. Keep it clean. No swearing or unpleasant language
b. Keep it legal. We will not tolerate any illegal content on TiCL.
c. Keep it original. Do not copy anyone else’s work or contributions. In particular, please don’t post anyone else’s photographs unless they have permitted you to do so.
d. Keep it pleasant. We will not tolerate bullying or harassment of any type.
e. Keep it private. Remember don’t post your name or personal details or those of other people. This includes addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, credit and debit card details, bank account numbers and anything else which you or they would not want a stranger to know.
f. Keep it tasteful. Remember that people have different views on what is tasteful and what is not.
g. Keep it authentic. Never pretend to be someone else. Also if you are a local business, we would love you to use TiCL to promote any current offers. But please keep within the law - don’t pretend to be a customer when you are not and make sure that it is obvious to other users who you are. And don’t spam – it is annoying, we don’t like it and we may stop you using TiCL if you do.
h. Keep it sensitive. Please be aware of the sensitivities of others. Particularly with photos, make sure that they are not intrusive of other people or their privacy, do not show people in distress or in embarrassing circumstances. Do not post anything gross or in dubious taste and absolutely no full frontal nudity. Make sure if your photos are of other people, that they are happy for you to post these to TiCL. In particular, please do not post photos of children unless you are their parent or guardian or, if not, unless their parent or guardian agrees that you can post the photo.
4. If you see anything that you do not like posted to TiCL please let us know by flagging it as inappropriate. We will then deal with it.
5. Above all, have fun on TiCL. By following these rules, we hope that TiCL will be a fun, friendly, useful and informative place for all its users.
Please note that the TiCL Rules and Terms and Conditions apply. Everything you post to TiCL is “Your Content” for the purposes of the Terms and Conditions (including the TiCL Rules).